Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Has anyone tried....???

 Has anyone tried Crayola's Dry Erase Crayons?
I just saw a commercial on T.V. advertising the Dry Erase Crayons, and I'm really interested in how they work! I thought about buying a pack to try out. On my classroom "Wish List" I added skinny black dry erase markers, which I've used in the past. I like the markers, but noticed that they would dry out after awhile. If the new crayons are a "must" I just might add those to my list instead! But I'm wondering how well do they erase, are they noticeable, easy to use or will I have students breaking crayons left and right?! Hmm, let me know what you think! 

Has anyone tried Delicious?
Yes, that cupcake looks DELICIOUS! But, I'm talking about the Social Bookmarking website called Delicious. I just discovered this as I was researching for Grad. school. I am loving it (just as much as I love cupcakes) !! This website allows you to create a list of bookmarks, just as you would on your computer. However, this list of bookmarks can be accessed anywhere with Internet access AND you can share the bookmarks with other users of Delicious. So if you and a colleague both sign up for Delicious Social Bookmarking, the two of you can share websites that you have found and loved! If you do not have a blog of your own I suggest getting a Delicious account because you can bookmark every blog you come across....... instead of searching through your computer's history to track down that blog you found two weeks ago, but can't remember how. (Or am I the only one who has done this?) :) The best part is that it's completely FREE! Who doesn't love free stuff?

4 comments:

  1. I have had a delicious account for years. It is great for bookmarking. I often want to go to a website or resource from a couple of years ago, and with delicious you don't have to search.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dry erase crayons are awesome. They are fat so they don't really break easily. The box also comes with these very cool eraser and a sharpener on the back. Very well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use delicious a lot! (I'm ChristiS2 if you wanna follow me!) I haven't tried the dry erase crayons but I'm anxious to know how well they work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought the crayons and plan on taking them with me when I work in my room tomorrow. Excited to see how they work! And if an eraser is included that's less tissues we will be using. :)

    ReplyDelete