Monday, August 11, 2014

Peek at My Week Linky Party

I am linking up with Mrs. Wills Kindergarten to share a peek at my first week of school.


I don't officially start school until September 2, and my Kinders do not come for their first day until September 8 because we spend the week before testing and hosting parent orientation. Because that is so far away, I do not have my plans written out and set in stone yet, but I do have a lot of resources that I will be using to get me thru the first week! 

I love this from Abby's TPT shop. Last year we made Jitter Juice and my kids *loved* it. Many thought it was so cool we were drinking pop during school. Lol. This year I plan to have the class make the kindergarten banner to decorate the area of our classroom housing our cubbies. I plan to do this the first day of school. 

Along with making Jitter Juice and our welcome banner, I plan to have a Pete the Cat school tour so students get to know their new school. 

 Khrys Bosland's TPT shop has this editable activity so I made it just for my building! I love it! 

We will continue wight he Pete the Cat theme on Tuesday and Wednesday with this from Deanna Jump. 



Julie Lee has a wonderful packet that I will be using to introduce Math Tubs and Literacy Centers later in the first week of school. I also love the cutting, gluing, and writing activities she has for students to practice. 


For math this year, I will be using Deedee Wills and Deanna Jump's Guided Kinders Math Workshop. I started using it half way thru last year,  and I loved it (so much more than the math series I have, this is a GREAT supplement). I'm so excited to get started with this at the beginning of this year!!


Once I have my plans written out into a template, I will be posting those. Until then, link up your plans for the first week over at Mrs. Wills Kindergarten!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment