Monday, June 27, 2011

4th of July Star Marshmallow Sorting

I recently purchased 4th of July Star Marshmallows from Wal Mart to use for the beginning of the school year.  I thought this would be a great beginning of the year activity to practice counting, sorting, graphing and identifying color words. I will open up the PDF file on my Smart Board to show the students an example before they begin the activity on their own. As long as the package is unopened, the marshmallows will stay fresh until school starts. Click below for the activity sheets. Please leave a comment or start following my blog after you download the sheets! Thanks! Happy 4th of July!


Star Graphing
Star Sorting

P.S. I'm still working on how to post a Google Doc so that the photo appears. If you have any tips to offer in troubleshooting this, I would appreciate it! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I had trouble uploading stuff to Google Docs--it would change my fonts. (I do use Google Reader and it is awesome!) Scribd has worked well for me. I'm on a Mac; maybe that makes a difference??

    ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete