Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Target $1 Spot

I love the $1 spot at Target! Throughout the school year I am constantly buying containers that I might use at school.....even if I have no idea what I'm going to do with it I can't resist! Today was our last day of school and when I started packing up my supplies and organizing my desk I found a use for the vinyl baskets I purchased last week. Each basket fits perfectly into my desk drawer, so I was able to organize the glue sticks, rolls of tape, post-it notes etc.! The mini buckets are perfect for holding dry erase markers or even  sticks with the student's names. I like to hang my bucket of names up on the easel so that I have easy access to it at all times. I also love using the various containers for sight word games. 
I purchased the popcorn containers at the beginning of the year to use for a game. I wrote our classroom popcorn words and the word "Pop" on large craft sticks and put the sticks into the container. The students take turns picking out a stick and reading it, if they read "POP" the student puts all of their sticks back into the container and starts over. A friend who teaches first grade shared that idea with me-- Brilliant!

1 comment:

  1. I am also addicted to the dollar section at Target and the Dollar Tree! Its sounds like we both really like to be organized!

    ReplyDelete